Add a Package
Adding a new package to the Swift Package Index is straightforward. Every package indexed by this site comes from the list of package repositories, stored in a publicly available JSON file. To add a package to the index, add the URL of the repository to that file.
Adding packages to the Swift Package Index
Please feel free to submit your own, or other people's repositories to this list. There are a few requirements, but they are simple.
The easiest way to validate that packages meet the requirements is to run the validation tool included in this repository. Fork this repository, edit
packages.json and add the package URL(s) to the JSON. Then, in the directory where you have the clone of your fork of this repository, run the following command:
Once validation is successful, please submit your pull request! Your package(s) will appear in the index within a few minutes.
If you would prefer to validate the requirements manually, please verify that:
- The package repositories are all publicly accessible.
- The packages all contain a
Package.swiftfile in the root folder.
- The packages are written in Swift 4.0 or later.
- The packages all contain at least one product (either library or executable).
- The packages all have at least one release tagged as a semantic version.
- The packages all output valid JSON from
swift package dump-packagewith the latest Swift toolchain.
- The package URLs are all fully specified including
- The packages all compile without errors.
Note: There's no gatekeeping or quality threshold to be included in this list. As long as the package is valid, and meets the above requirements, we will accept it.