Palette is a tool for use with TypographyKit which takes your app's color palette as defined in your TypographyKit.json or TypographyKit.plist file and generates a palette for use in Xcode Interface Builder so that developers can easily make use of the same colors regardless of whether they are being assigned programmatically or through IB.
In order to support dark mode in iOS 13 or higher, Palette now includes the option to export an asset catalog to host your dynamic colors.
To install using Homebrew:
brew install rwbutler/tools/palette
In order to export a color palette for use in Xcode, Palette is invoked as follows:
palette --color-list <color palette name> --config-url <url> -export palette
--color-list parameter specifies the name of the color palette as you wish it to appear in Interface Builder and
--config-url specifies the URL to your TypographyKit.json or TypographyKit.plist file. This may either be a path to a local file or remotely-hosted file using either
In order to support dark mode in iOS 13, Palette now allows colors to be exported to asset catalogs. In order to export an asset catalog invoke palette as follows:
palette --color-list <asset catalog name> --config-url <url> -export assetCatalog --asset-catalog-url <directory to save asset catalog>
--color-list parameter represents the name of the asset catalog to be exported and the
--asset-catalog-url parameter represents the directory to which the asset catalog will be saved.
Palette is available under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for more info.
- AnimatedGradientView - Powerful gradient animations made simple for iOS.
- Cheats - Retro cheat codes for modern iOS apps.
- Connectivity - Improves on Reachability for determining Internet connectivity in your iOS application.
- FeatureFlags - Allows developers to configure feature flags, run multiple A/B or MVT tests using a bundled / remotely-hosted JSON configuration file.
- FlexibleRowHeightGridLayout - A UICollectionView grid layout designed to support Dynamic Type by allowing the height of each row to size to fit content.
- Hash - Lightweight means of generating message digests and HMACs using popular hash functions including MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256.
- Skylark - Fully Swift BDD testing framework for writing Cucumber scenarios using Gherkin syntax.
- TailorSwift - A collection of useful Swift Core Library / Foundation framework extensions.
- TypographyKit - Consistent & accessible visual styling on iOS with Dynamic Type support.
- Updates - Automatically detects app updates and gently prompts users to update.
- Clear DerivedData - Utility to quickly clear your DerivedData directory simply by typing
cddfrom the Terminal.
- Config Validator - Config Validator validates & uploads your configuration files and cache clears your CDN as part of your CI process.
- IPA Uploader - Uploads your apps to TestFlight & App Store.
- Palette - Makes your TypographyKit color palette available in Xcode Interface Builder.
|Config Validator||IPA Uploader||Palette|